1/1 Photo of Spiced Tuna With Pineapple Glaze
1 hr 5 mins
This is a recipe that I found at another web site and adapted to suit our taste. This has a little bit of a kick. Serve this with jasmine rice to soak up the wonderful glaze!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon star anise, broken
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 cinnamon stick, 3 inch, broken
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cardamom seed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1Combine the spice rub ingredients in a heavy skillet, mix well, and heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until spices begin to smoke and become fragrant.
- 2Remove from heat, cool, place in a coffee grinder and grind until fine.
- 3To make the glaze, combine the pineapple juice, vinegar, ginger, soy sauce, and brown sugar in a small saucepan.
- 4Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer until mixture is reduced by half, about 30 minutes.
- 5Add the catsup and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat, add lime juice, cilantro and white pepper; mix well and set aside.
- 7Rub the tuna steaks on all sides with spice mixture.
- 8Grill the tuna over a medium fire for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until center is still slightly pink for medium-rare.
- 9Spread pineapple slices lightly with glaze and grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- 10Serve grilled steaks on top of jasmine rice with glaze spooned over, top with a slice of pineapple.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Tuna With Pineapple Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (524 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.3
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 2002.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 34.9 g
- Protein 44.4 g