Ham.... Ham in a Cherry, Cola and Pineapple Glaze
photo by Tim_John
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 25mins
- 4 -6 lbs ham
- 15 cloves
- 10 maraschino cherries, cherryies cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup cherry juice
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup cola
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 6 slices pineapple, chunked
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon jalepeno ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Wash the ham well under cold water to remove all excess salt.
- In a crock pot, put cut side of ham face down. Insert all the cloves into the ham.
- Cut the cherries and pineapple in half and insert a tooth pick to keep the cherries and pineapple in place on the ham. Turn on warm for 4 hours. This will release the water in the ham. After 4 hours drain the water and discard.
- In a medium bowl add cherry juice, cola, mustard, apple juice, brown sugar and Jalepeno ground pepper. Mix well and put into frig to chill. Pour the sauce over the ham, spread around with a spoon or brush. Then turn temp to low for 4 hours.
- NOTE: My crock pot is very hot, some of you might need to turn it up to high to maintain the temperature Baste every 30-45 minutes. Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!