Prep 4 mins
Cook 20 mins
A big book of appetizers recipe.
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the pecans in a medium bowl.
- Add the melted butter, cinnamon, cayenne pepper,sugar and salt.
- Stir to coat pecans.
- Transfer pecans to a baking pan.
- Bake until the nuts are toasted, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperture.
These are addicting!! I used a sugar substitute (Splenda) yet it' s not even noticeable. They can be eaten by themselves or used as additions on salads or anything. They are the best especially for anyone looking for a spicy nut recipe with no/low sugar.
These were awesome, tho I'll admit, I reduced the temperature to 275, and toasted them for 30 minutes. I think 350 is too high to toast nuts. But the flavor is very reminiscent of 'fair' pecans and I'll be happy to share these with friends next Christmas! Thank you for sharing, abe ray!