Recipe by Dreamgoddess
From an old southern cookbook comes this recipe that's perfect to serve on hot summer days. I love to serve this when we grill out. I've also served this at breakfast alongside pancakes and waffles.
Top Review by Rita~
The cantaloupe was sweet and had a slight tang. I would have like more of the spices to come through. I`m not sure if my cinnamon and cloves were wippy or the syrup should have been simmered longer. But I did enjoy a lot! Very refreshing. This would be great to use on those melons that just isn`t sweet or ripe enough!
- 2 (12 ounce) packagesfrozen melon balls, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 stick cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the melon balls, reserving the juice.
- Combine the juice, brown sugar, vinegar, cloves, and cinnamon in a saucepan.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and discard the cloves and cinnamon stick.
- Pour the sauce over the melon balls and chill until ready to serve.