Spiced Chicken With Lime Cilantro Butter
- Make sure your chicken cutlets are thin and even in thickness.
- Mix together cumin, chili powder, oregano salt and pepper. Lightly dust both sides of the cutlets with the spice mix.Lightly dust both sides of the cutlets with the Latin spice mix.
- Preheat a large sized sauté pan over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon canola oil to preheated sauté pan. Add the spiced cutlets to the pan carefully without crowding the pan. Cook chicken for 2 to 3 minutes per side. The chicken should be golden brown and cooked completely through. Insert a internal cooking thermometer into the chicken cutlet, it should read 165 degrees for correct doneness. Remove from pan and let cool slightly.
- Turn the heat on the pan down to medium low. Add 1/2 cup of water to pan and stir to remove any bits of flavor from the bottom of the pan. Reduce the water in the pan by half (this should only take a minute or so). Add lime juice to the pan and continue to stir. Add the butter to the pan sauce while stirring constantly. The butter should blend with the pan sauce to form a thicker pan sauce. After the butter is combined to make the sauce, remove from heat and add cilantro. Taste pan sauce and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve the chicken with rice and fresh vegetables for a complete meal. Spoon the pan sauce over the chicken. Garnish with extra cilantro and lime wedges.