Spiced Citrus Dump Chicken
photo by Pamela
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne (or more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces (breasts, thighs, or wings)
- For immediate cooking: Pre-heat oven to 350°F Place all ingredients into a large baking dish, turn chicken to coat. Bake until chicken juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).
- For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1 Gallon freezer bag. Lay flat in freezer.
- To thaw and cook: Take the bag out of the freezer the night before, make sure the bag is sealed completely.
- For the oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F Empty the contents of the bag into a large baking dish and bake until the juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).
- For the crockpot: cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 or until done.
- On the grill: cook over medium heat until juices run clear.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this as a OAMC meal and recently took it out to thaw and serve. I grilled the chicken thinking this would really bring out the citrus flavors, but unfortunately, the spices seemed to overpower the citrus flavor. If I make this again, I will cut back a bit on the spices so I can taste more of the citrus.
see 12 more reviews