Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My favorite fall drink! I love it iced or hot...either way it is one of those drinks that goes extraordinarily well with reading a book by a fire on a chilly day. I found this recipe online at some point somewhere...but, I don't know where. However, it is definitely worth sharing. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 4 black tea or 4 chai tea teabags
- 1⁄4 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (optional)
- 2 cups milk
- *Prep a pitcher or whatever container you are going to use by having a strainer ready and the container available. (I use a strainer and place a coffee filter paper in it.).
- In a sauce pot bring 2 cups of water to a boil
- While stirring - Add honey, vanilla, tea bags, cinnamon sticks, cloves, ginger, cardomon, nutmeg, sugar.
- Let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags.
- Add 2 cups of milk and bring it to a boil (continue stirring).
- Remove from heat.
- Pour Chai through the strainer into the container you are using to serve it.
Great stuff ! Trying to cut down on the caffeine and this was such a nice treat on a hot summer afternoon - very tasty. Thanks for sharing.
Yum! I made this the other day and it was so fabulous that I made it again and insisted that all of my family members try some. :D