Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love these muffins, and it's so easy to make your own pumpkin-pie spice, combine 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon with 1/4 teaspoon each ground ginger and nutmeg.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons . baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded carrots (about 5 medum)
- Line twelve cups of a standard muffin tin with paper liners; set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set side.
- In another bowl, whisk together yogurt, butter and eggs. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, and add yogurt mixture. Stir until just combined. Fold in carrots.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups (If desired, muffins can be baked immediately in a 375F oven for about 20 minutes). Freeze until firm about 30 minutes, then cover tin with plastic wrap, and freeze until ready to bake, up to 3 months.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Bake muffins (still frozen) until a toothpick inserted in center of one comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.