1/2 Photos of Spiced Apple Rings
Yahoo Group Files
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash apples. Peel and slice one apple at a time. Immediately cut crosswise into 1/2" slices, remove core area with a melon baller and immerse in ascorbic acid solution to keep the apples from discoloring.
- 2In a 6 quart saucepan, combine sugar, water, vinegar, cloves, cinnamon candies, or cinnamon sticks and food coloring (if using).
- 3Heat to a boil, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves then lower heat and simmer 3 minutes.
- 4Drain apples and add to hot syrup, and cook for 5 minutes.
- 5Fill prepared jars with apple rings and hot flavored syrup, leaving a 1/2" headspace.
- 6Check for air bubbles and add more liquid if needed to maintain the 1/2" headspace.
- 7Process pint or quart size jars in a boiling water bath for 20 minutes .
- 8Adjust time according to your altitude.
- 9NOTE: This can also be pressure canned. Pressure Canner - Hot pack pints or quarts and process for 8 minutes at the pressure specified according to your altitude and / or style of canner.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Apple Rings
Serving Size: 1 (9585 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1530.6
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 23.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 395.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.1 g
- Sugars 370.3 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: