Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy holiday veggie...
- 1 butternut squash, peeled seeded and cut into 1-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- In a large bowl, toss the squash with the olive oil, cumin, coriander and cayenne and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the squash on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast in the oven for about 40 minutes, until tender and lightly browned, tossing once halfway through. Transfer to a bowl and serve.
Last night I couldn't stop thinking about how delicious this was and with possible variations. It appears my brain seems to always become rather chatty when I lay down to sleep. It nags me for other reasons, too. For example, to remember to do chores, tells me things I shouldn't have done and just wanting to chat in general. I have even hollered at it to shut up and sleep with me. Oh welllll...
Loved this! Have enjoyed roasted squash with cumin before but the addition of cayenne pepper is truly delightful. I made as written doubling the spices and oil as my butternut squash was so big I thought it was trying out for the Guinness world book of records. This is going in my best of book and will be enjoyed often, thanks so much for the post.