D's Roasted Butternut Squash
photo by SharonChen
- Ready In:
1 dish of squash
- 1⁄2 large butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- vegetable oil cooking spray, like pam
- peel and chop squash into 2 inch cubes and put in a bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and toss.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick veg spray (like Pam).
- put the tray near the bottom of the oven and roast at 350 until tender (about 1/2- 1 hour).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was so good! I used a whole medium squash, and half the other ingredients - with the exception of the garlic. I also used dark brown sugar vs plain. cooked for about 40 min at 350, sprinkled with a tsp or so more brown sugar and put it under the broiler for about 2 mins, to get the tops sweet and a bit hard in places. Good enough to be desert. A keeper!
see 53 more reviews
I eliminate the garlic and sugar and add cinnamon and a drizzle of maple syrup for sweetness. I also use coconut oil instead of any other cooking oil. It makes a huge difference in taste, it brings out the swetness much better and my kids will not eat it with olive oil. <br/>But a side note, why half a large butternut squash? What do you do with the other half? :) I say make the whole thing, it reheats nicely for left overs or lunch. Or just use a small squash. <br/><br/>I have also added in a diced sweet potato and a diced apple to the squash mistuire, also awesome.