Spice-Roasted Butternut Squash With Smoked Sweet Paprika
An easy side dish that can also be served at room temperature as part of a salad. I love the combination of smoked sweet paprika and sweet butternut squash.
- Ready In:
- 1 large butternut squash
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut ends off butternut squash, peel, and slice lengthwise.
- Remove seeds and chop into 1 inch cubes.
- In a medium bowl, combine spices, oil and vinegar into a paste.
- Add squash and toss until coated.
- Arrange the squash cubes in one layer in a roasting pan.
- Roast for 20 minutes, toss once, and cook for an additional 25 minutes or until the squash is browned and is tender throughout.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I cheated and used frozen squash and I thought it was really good. I liked the mix of spices, and I hate super sweetened squash or sweet potatoes. If I want dessert, I'll have it AFTER dinner! I cut back on the spices because I had less squash, and roasted on parchment to avoid sticking. My husband, however, did not care for the spice mix, so we probably won't make this again without a backup dish. Thanks for sharing.