Spice Roasted Butternut Squash
photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
- Peel the butternut squash, then halve it lengthways and scoop out and discard the seeds.
- Cube the flesh.
- Put the olive oil in a roasting tin and place in the oven.
- Place the cumin, chili, coriander and salt in a pestle and mortar and crush together lightly.
- Throw the spices into the hot oil, then add the butternut squash, tossing to coat the pieces in the spiced oil.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes, turning from time to time until tender and golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a delicious treatment of a butternut squash. Well worth all the hassle it takes to peel those rascals! I overcooked the squash a bit (totally my fault; not the recipe's) but it was still a delicious dish. The sweetness of the squash juxtaposed with the savory spices was a perfect counterpoint.<br/><br/>I will certainly make this recipe again and again.
I agree with Bergy, these flavors really compliment the squash. Just enough spice to go with almost anything. I was feeling lazy and bought some pre-peeled & butternut cut into large chunks, thinking it would speed the process, but I neglected to cube them. This and the fact that I misread the temp as Fahrenheit made it take much longer..oops. When they finally were done, I served them with baked haddock and steamed green beans. Truly a great recipe, next time I will print it out instead of running back and forth..hehe. thanks!