Spice-Crusted Roasted Butternut Squash
Roasting cut-up vegetables at high heat until lightly carmelized brings out their inherent sweetness. Found this in Cooking Club magazine.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb butternut squash, peeled, cubed (3/4 inch, 4 cups)
- 2 cups cipollini onions or 2 cups shallots, quartered
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Heat oven to 450*. Spray rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients except oil in large bowl; toss with oil to coat. Arrange in single layer on baking sheet. Bake 25-35 minutes or until tender and browned in spots, turning several times.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Great way to do up squash, for sure! Followed the recipe right on down & really liked these spicy bites! I did bake them just the 25 minutes & that worked out just fine for us! A nice keeper of a recipe that will be made several more times within the next 2 months! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed as a THANK YOU for completing the Baker's Dozen Special in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]