Recipe by BB2011
From Vegetarian Times May/June 2010: Sweet potatoes and lentils get cooked in a curried broth inside packets for a lightly spicy dish. Serve with quinoa. Nutrition facts: 265 calories, 9g protein, 7g fat
Top Review by teriw
really tasty! didn't realize how easy it was to make lentils. personally would have liked more spices but it was still really good. was skeptical of the recipe but it turned out wonderfully and my 2-year old son could help which was fun.
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, finely diced
- 1 large bell pepper, diced (1.5 cups)
- 1 cup fresh green beans, finely sliced
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 2 tablespoons hot sesame oil
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced (2 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked lentils or 1 (15 ounce) can lentils, rinsed and drained
- 4 tablespoons prepared mango chutney (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Place 4 16-inch lengths of foil on work surface. Fold foil in half from short side. Unfold. Shape corners and edges of one half into semicircular "bowl' with 1/2-inch sides. Coat insides of foil with cooking spray.
- Combine sweet potato, bell pepper, green beans, and raisins in medium bowl. Add oil, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Whisk together broth, ginger, garlic, and curry powder in small bowl.
- Divide sweet potato mixture among packets; top with 1/3 cup lentils. Pour 1/4 cup broth mixture over lentils, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Fold ther half of foil over ingredients, and crimp edges in overlapping folds until packets are sealed. Transfer packets to baking sheet. Bake 25 minutes.
- Transfer to plates. Let each person open packet carefully - escaping air will be hot. Top with chutney, if using.