Recipe by Mareesme
A saucy dish that will impress all who joins you for dinner! (Finishing the sauce with cold butter thickens it slightly and intensifies the texture and flavor.)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 filet mignon or 4 New York strip steaks or 4 rib eye steaks
- salt & pepper
- 1 lb shiitake mushrooms or 1 lb button mushroom, sliced
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 1 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Wipe mushrooms with damp cloth to clean and cut off dry stems. Slice.
- Heat the olive oil and butter over high heat.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper.
- Place the steaks in the skillet and sear until golden brown, then turn the steaks over and continue cooking to the desired doneness.
- Remove the steaks to a plate and keep warm.
- Return the pan to high heat and add the shallots and mushrooms. Cook until golden brown and soft. Add the red wine and reduce by half. Then add the broth and cook until reduced by half.
- Whisk in the mustard and butter and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Place steaks on serving plates and serve with the sauce. Serve immediately.