Special Steak and Eggs
photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- Butter a pan and let it heat.
- After hot, add oil and let steaks cook about three minutes on each side, turn only once and then take out and reserve for later.
- In the grease left in the pan, add the worcestershire sauce, the thyme, the salt and peper,let the onions cook at medium heat for 5 minutes add the tomatos, put heat in low, cover and let it cook for 3 minutes.
- Open up the pan, include the steaks, cover with the sauce from the ingredients and let them heat up again.
- Serve in the dish with all sauce and fried eggs on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great sauce, Before i threw the steak on the fry pan, I pat dried and seasoned the steak then baked it at 275 degrees until the inner temp was around 110-115, THEN threw it on the frying pan till the inner temp was 130-140 medium to medium well and followed your recipe from there. I personally think the steak tastes alot more tender and flavorful when you bake it for first then throw it on the pan rather then no baking and putting it straight to the pan(which makes the steak taste kinda rubbery in my opinion bleh.) Anyways, good looks, its to die for! Best
I used 1" thick NYstip steak for this recipe cut into bit size pieces. Also I used cherry tomaotes with a food processor. The tomatoes mixure mixed quite well. For the mustard I used Gray Poupon. Its a strong mustard but to disbelief there was no punjent mustard taste. The Thyme really shines through in this recipe. Very hardy breakfast