Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yummy! Had this at a potluck, snagged the recipe and have been sharing it ever since! I keep misplacing my recipe and having to call someone who has gotten it from me, so I'm posting it here for the next time! Use red for Christmas, orange for Thanksgiving, green for St.Patty's day? Cooking time doesn't include refrigeration time.
- 3 (3 ounce) packages Jello gelatin, any flavor
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained (save the juice)
- 3 bananas
- 1 (10 ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 2 -4 tablespoons coconut (optional)
- 2 -4 tablespoons pecans (optional) or 2 -4 tablespoons walnuts (optional)
- Stir to dissolve jello in 3 cups boiling water. Add 3 cups cold water. Pour into 9x13 glass dish.
- Add the drained pineapple, sliced bananas, and marshmallows. Refrigerate til set.
- Meanwhile, in top of double boiler cook the reserved pineapple juice (its okay if bits of pineapple are in the juice) with the egg, sugar and flour, stirring til thick.
- Remove from heat and add the cream cheese, stirring til smooth. Cool completely. Gently mix in the Cool Whip.
- Spread the mixture on top of jello. Sprinkle with coconut and nuts if desired. Refrigerate about 2 more hours.
This tasted very good, and it was really very pretty. I don't know if I did something wrong, but it made a huge amount! It filled to the top my big square Pampered Chef bowl, after overflowing the 9 x 13 pan I started with. No worries, though, we ate it for days and we all enjoyed it!