Ensalada Mixta (Special Mixed Salad)
Fresh and colorful! A great meal for a hot day, or a beautiful addition to any meal. Another Spanish favorite of mine...:-)
- Ready In:
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 1⁄2 cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 1 (7 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 can tuna, drained (I use tuna fillet in olive oil)
- 1⁄4 cup olive (if you can find them, anchovy stuffed olives are the best!)
- extra virgin olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Slice lettuce chiffonade style and arrange on a serving platter.
- Slice tomatoes in wedges, the onion jullienne, the cucumber in quartered slices, and the avocado in thin slices and arrange over lettuce.
- Break up tuna with a fork, and place in the center of the salad.
- Drain corn, and arrange around tuna.
- Garnish with olives.
- Serve with oil, vinegar, salt and pepper on the side, so that each person dresses their own salad.
- Other optional ingredients include pickled beets, pineapple slices, and grated carrots.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This looked like a painting on the platter, it was so pretty. I used all the ingredients as suggested but drizzled a lemon infused olive oil and the vinegar over it all. The anchovy stuffed olives are one of our favourites and were delicious with it. We ate this with my Recipe #78024 and olive bread.
very versatile recipe, I will use it often throughout the summer. This time, left out the corn and used shredded carrots instead, used tuna in water, sliced black olives and added pickled beets. Left every thing else as called for and cut the recipe in half, still had some left to take for lunch the next day. A very nice salad for a very hot day!! and a good combination of flavours! Thanks for sharing canarygirl.