Recipe by Bergy
My neighbor gave me this recipe saying this is the BEST cheesecake that she has ever tasted. She knows and loves cheesecake. I have searched Recipezaar and this recipe is different from any already posted- Chocoholics unite
Top Review by chez patty
i have this same recipe from a Kraft cheese recipe book,where it is called double chocolate cheesecake. after i have the cake glazed and it is just almost set i melt 2 ounces white chocolate and drizzle that over the top of the dark chocolate glaze.....you can never have enough chocolate can you??? i have also made white chocolate rose leaves and spread them on top. this recipe intimidates my friends, but is quite easy to make. i've never had a gooey center though, just the SMOOTHEST cheesecake ive ever eaten.wherever i take this the pan ALWAYS comes back empty. i will add this to my cookbook.....ty for saving me the typing...lol
- 1 cup crushed chocolate wafer
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 (250 g) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 90 g semisweet chocolate, melted
- 90 g white chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 180 g semisweet chocolate, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine crumbs& butter and press onto the bottom of a 9" Buttered springform Pan.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes, remove from oven and turn heat up to 425°F.
- With an electric mixer blend together the cream cheese and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each egg.
- Add vanilla.
- Remove half the batter to another bowl.
- To one batch of the batter add the melted white chocolate, blend with the batter.
- To the other half blend in the melted semi-sweet chocolate.
- Pour the dark chocolate batter into the crumb crust and spread evenly.
- Spoon the white batter carefully over top.
- Bake at 425F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 250F Bake 30-35 minutes or until the cake centre is barely firm.
- Remove from oven and run a knife around sides.
- Let cool completely before removing the sides.
- Bring cream to a simmer over low heat.
- Add chopped chocolate and stir until melted.
- Spoon over the cake.