Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This came from the BH & G Fish & Seafood cookbook and was posted in response to a request.
- 2 lbs fish steaks or 2 lbs fish fillets, fresh or frozen
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 small cucumber, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram, crushed
- Thaw fish, if frozen.
- Place fish in greased baking dish.
- Arrange tomato& cucumber slices on top.
- Cook onion, green pepper& garlic in saucepan til onion is tender but not brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in parsley, lemon juice& marjoram and spoon over fish.
- Bake in preheated 375F oven about 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
We did this with mackerel. Very interesting taste combination.