Recipe by Chocolatl
This uses raw cauliflower. Adapted from Elena Zelayeta. I don't salt salads, so I've made the salt optional. Cook time is chilling time.
Top Review by Susie D
This easy to make salad used ingredients normally on hand although this time I used a purple onion. The key for me was using a dressing we liked. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup ripe olives, cut into small wedges
- 2 cups raw cauliflower, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimiento
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup vinaigrette, to taste (or your favorite salad dressing)
- lettuce leaf, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine olives, cauliflower, peppers, pimientos, onion and salt in a large bowl.
- Add vinaigrette and mix lightly.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Just before serving, toss gently to combine ingredients.
- Spoon cauliflower mixture onto lettuce leaves.