Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This uses raw cauliflower. Adapted from Elena Zelayeta. I don't salt salads, so I've made the salt optional. Cook time is chilling time.
- 1⁄2 cup ripe olives, cut into small wedges
- 2 cups raw cauliflower, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimiento
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup vinaigrette, to taste (or your favorite salad dressing)
- lettuce leaf, for serving
- Combine olives, cauliflower, peppers, pimientos, onion and salt in a large bowl.
- Add vinaigrette and mix lightly.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Just before serving, toss gently to combine ingredients.
- Spoon cauliflower mixture onto lettuce leaves.
This easy to make salad used ingredients normally on hand although this time I used a purple onion. The key for me was using a dressing we liked. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
Glad this one could be pre-made since I had my hands full with other recipes needing to be served hot to the guests at my tapas party. Great flavor and combined well with the other dishes I had available to taste.