- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups chopped plum tomatoes (about 7 tomatoes)
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked medium grain rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 4 minutes.
- Add tomato, pepper, and celery; sauté 6 minutes.
- Stir in water, rice, and salt, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add shrimp; cook 4 minutes or until shrimp are done.