Recipe by Joshua's Mom
Recipe from "First Place"-(a diet). I usually double the recipe. It is a family favorite.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
My hubby really enjoyed this recipe, for me I felt something was missing to round out the flavours. Next time I will try to substitute italian sausage meat for some of the ground beef. We used this as a side dish with fajitas so we found the servings was closer to 6 or 8 for us. Easy to make, thanks for sharing.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground beef, onion, and bell pepper until browned.
- Drain in colander and pat dry with a paper towel (to remove drippings).
- Return meat mixture to stove and stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.