Recipe by AngelicFantasia
My mother got this recipe well over 50 years ago from a lady from Puerto Rico. My parents lived across the dormitory hall from her and her husband when they were students at East Texas State Teacher's College, now Texas A & M University, Commerce.
- 1⁄4 lb salt pork, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup raw white rice
- Spanish olives
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a frying pan with a lid, fry salt pork until brown.
- Add onion and green bell pepper and saute until soft.
- Add tomato sauce and rice and fry for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Throw in a few Spanish olives, to taste.
- Add enough water to cover rice,.
- Add salt, to taste.
- Bring to boil, cover, and lower heat to simmer.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes until all water is absorbed.