Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I put this together on my own tonite. It's better than I expected! I ate it just as a meal but it would go great with tortilla chips or as a side dish also! We actually added a touch of sour cream & cheddar cheese. I'm sure it would be great without it too!!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain white rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup red beans
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Add rice; brown.
- Once browned add garlic & onions. Cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add stewed tomotoes,with their juices.Break up large bits of tomatoes.
- Stir in all spices.
- Add 1 can of chicken broth.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat.
- Add chicken broth as needed in order to cook rice.
- Once rice is cooked simmer until liquid is gone.
Nice recipe... but it does not mention when or what to do with the Corn and Red beans? Sooo.... only 90% grade on this one.