Recipe by Kezz
This recipe was gradually modified from a Vegetta Stock advertisement published in a magazine Australia. The chorizo is absolutely essential to the flavour. I prepare the recipe in a wok but a large fry-pan would also work. It freezes well and people tell me it tastes great.
Top Review by LARavenscroft
Excellent dish! We loved it. I used homemade chorizo - recipe #363000. The flavors are great together and it smelled wonderful while it was cooking. We served this over rice. Thanks for posting this Kezz!
- 750 g diced chicken
- 1⁄2-1 chorizo sausage
- olive oil (for frying)
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 1 -2 medium onion, diced
- 1 -2 medium carrot, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 440 g crushed tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cups chicken stock (to cover) or 2 cups beef stock (to cover)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 cup red wine (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wok brown the chicken in the olive oil and remove.
- Add the chorizo, garlic, capsicum, carrot and onion to the wok and stir-fry about 5 minutes (until softened).
- Add the paprika and fry until fragrant (about 1 min), add the red wine and fry until the alcohol (but not the liquid) has evaporated.
- Then add the tomato paste, tomatoes, bay leaf and stock and cook a further 5 minutes, adding only enough liquid to almost cover the other ingredients.
- Add cooked chicken and heat through.
- Transfer into a really large casserole dish (sorry I don't know the capacity) and bake at 180°C for 1 hour.
- The original recipe added olives and parsley after the hour and cooked a further 15-20 minutes, I found this was too much but you may wish to try it.
- We eat it with Jasmine rice.