Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a tasty, and health vegetarian dish that was inspired by a Spanish dish call Paella.
Make and share this Spanish Bulgur recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1 cup bulgur
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes, fire roasted (can use stewed tomatoes)
- 14 1⁄2 ounces vegetable broth
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 1⁄2 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 10 ounces eggplants, chopped
- 10 ounces zucchini, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup peas (can use thawed frozen peas)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- In large skillet with lid combine oil, onion, green pepper, red pepper, and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened (about 5 minutes).
- Add bulgur, tomatoes, broth, carrots, paprika, and black pepper.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium low for 10 minutes.
- Add artichokes hearts, eggplant and zucchini.
- Recover, and continue cooking for 10 more minutes.
- Stir in peas and parsley.