1 hr 15 mins
Patty Mae's Note:
I love this hearty savory soup on cold winter days with a big slice of crusty rustic bread. If there's any left over it's even better the second day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chorizo sausage or 1 lb kielbasa or 1 lb other spicy cured sausage, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 (5 g) packets sazon goya with azafran or 2 (1 g) packets Vigo flavoring and coloring
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1If the sausage has casings, remove them before cutting the sausage in pieces.
- 2Sauté sausage in a soup pot over medium heat until fat is rendered.
- 3Add onions and sauté until onions are translucent. Add garlic and sauté 2 more minutes.
- 4Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium low.
- 5Boil gently for about 25 minutes.
- 6Remove bay leaf before serving.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (538 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 755.8
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 76.2 mg
- Sodium 1984.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 36.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sazon goya with azafran