Spanish Bean Soup - Fiery!
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can sliced potatoes, drained
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pinch saffron
- In a medium stock pot, heat bacon grease over medium heat.
- Cook onion and garlic until soft, being careful not to brown.
- Crumble chorizo and heat until well cooked.
- Drain grease and return pan to heat.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a great soup, and would be worth an extra star if the ingredients list was a bit more specific. I had to guess the broth and garbanzo can sizes. I went with 500ml cartons of each of the broth and 440g cans of the garbanzo beans, and as I have never seen canned sliced potatoes, I went with 4 medium fresh ones. Apart from that, this was a wonderful soup you could easily make a complete meal of with slabs of crusty bread and butter.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Living on Cape San Blas, America's #1 beach is great - we have sugar white sand, emerald green water, fabulous fresh seafood, wildlife all around, and even what we don't have makes life good: no crowds, no traffic jams, no high rises, no crime. But since we also have virtually no restaurants either, we're into creating great meals at home for friends and neighbors. Since we're always exchanging recipes, I started an online cookbook of our fave recipes, http://CapeSanBlasCookbook.com. For a taste of what's cooking on Florida's Forgotten Coast, I hope you'll stop by and take a browse.