Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Spinach stuffed phyllo sheets looks really tempting. This is from the greek embassy courtesy NDTV
Make and share this Spanakopita recipe from Food.com.
- Wash the spinach, add salt and then drain out the excess water.
- Take a pan and sauté onions till golden. Add spring onions, spinach, dill, parsley and cook for few minutes.
- Take the mixture off the heat and add evaporated milk.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with cheese. Season with the salt and pepper and add to the spinach mixture. Mix well and keep aside.
- The mixture can be prepared without pre-cooking. The baking time however increases in the final preparation.
- Line a pan with eight sheets of phyllo, brushing each sheet with the olive oil before topping it with the next sheet.
- Now spread the spinach mixture evenly.
- Lay the remaining phyllo on top and then cut into diamond size serving pieces.
- Bake it for 30-40 minutes in a pre-heated oven. Serve.