Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Creamettes & Spam I have had this recipe that I cut from a magazine for I probably 20 years. To tell the truth, never made it. We love Spam, yes it's true so I though and it just sound good. Hope I will get around to making it some day. I think the colored noodles would be fun with all the other colors.
- 7 ounces elbow macaroni (2 cups dry)
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, diced in chunks
- 1 (12 ounce) can Spam, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (or salad dressing)
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 10 ounces frozen sweet peas or 17 ounces peas
- Cook macaroni according to directions. Drain, do not chill.
- While hot drizzle with oil and vinegar.
- Add onion, seasonings and cheese, toss well.
- Chill throughly. Serve on salad greens to dress up (optional).
I have been looking for this recipe for YEARS. My younger sister used to make this and would never give me the recipe. Unfortunately she has passed and took the recipe with her. I was determined one day to find something that would be close and low and behold here it is. It is awesome and hard to stop eating it. Thanks True Texas for the post. Hope you like the pic I posted for this great recipe.
Delicious! Reminds me of a salad I enjoyed as a kid. However I used Velveeta because that was what I remembered from childhood. My family doesn't like onion so I omitted that, and peas as I didn't have any peas. Turned out fabulous. Thanks!