Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
For the fish-lovers among us....
Make and share this Spaghetti with Tuna and Anchovies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 500 g ripe plum tomatoes or 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (200 g) can tuna, in olive oil
- 8 oil-preserved anchovy fillets
- 1 tablespoon salt-cured capers, rinsed
- 8 green olives
- 8 black olives
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely-chopped
- dried chili pepper flakes
- 500 g spaghetti
- If using fresh tomatoes, start by covering them with boiling water, leaving for 30 seconds, then draining and peeling.
- Remove the core, quarter the tomatoes, scrape away the seeds and coarsely chop.
- If using canned tomatoes, strain them.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the garlic gently, stirring until golden.
- Add the tomatoes, stir well, and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain the tuna and flake into pieces.
- Drain the anchovies as well and chop.
- Slice the flesh off the olives and also chop.
- Add the tuna, anchovies, capers and olives to the pan, and season well with pepper.
- Check to see if you need salt.
- The anchovies are very salty so you may not.
- Stir and allow all ingredients to heat through, then stir in the parsley and dried chilli flakes, to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the packet directions.
- Drain, turn into a serving dish, pour over the sauce and mix thoroughly.