Phil Franco's Note:
Spaghetti Con Salsa alla Sofia Loren
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cups flat-leaf parsley
- 1 small onion, sliced (1 and 1/2 cups)
- 4 anchovy fillets, rinsed, patted dry, and chopped
- 1/3 cup brine-cured green olives, pitted
- 2 teaspoons drained bottled capers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1With a food processor running, drop in garlic and finely chop.
- 2Stop motor and add parsley, onion, anchovies, olives, capers, salt, and pepper, then process until finely chopped.
- 3With motor running, add 1/2 cup olive oil, blending until incorporated.
- 4Cook pasta in a 6 to 8-quart pot of boiling until 'al dente'.
- 5Drain well in a colander, then return to pot and toss with remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- 6Transfer pasta to a large serving bowl, then pour sauce over top and toss well.
- 7Serve immediately.
- 9That's it!
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti With Sauce Alla Sofia Loren
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.7
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 2.2 mg
- Sodium 448.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 11.4 g