Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Spaghetti Con Salsa alla Sofia Loren
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups flat-leaf parsley
- 1 small onion, sliced (1 and 1/2 cups)
- 4 anchovy fillets, rinsed, patted dry, and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup brine-cured green olives, pitted
- 2 teaspoons drained bottled capers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb spaghetti
- With a food processor running, drop in garlic and finely chop.
- Stop motor and add parsley, onion, anchovies, olives, capers, salt, and pepper, then process until finely chopped.
- With motor running, add 1/2 cup olive oil, blending until incorporated.
- Cook pasta in a 6 to 8-quart pot of boiling until 'al dente'.
- Drain well in a colander, then return to pot and toss with remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Transfer pasta to a large serving bowl, then pour sauce over top and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
- That's it!