Prep 12 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another one-dish meal that will warm your winter heart with flexibility to please everyone in the family.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 (7 ounce) boxfrozen breakfast sausage links or 1 (7 ounce) box Italian sausage or 1 (7 ounce) box ground beef or 1 (7 ounce) box meatballs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream or 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain, reserve.
- Meanwhile, brown sausage according to package directions in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Drain the links on paper towels; reserve.
- Discard any remaining fat from the skillet; cut sausage into slices.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms cooking and stirring until mushrooms are browned (about 6 minutes). Transfer mushrooms to plate.
- Add broth to skillet, scraping up the brown bits on the bottom. Heat to boil; reduce until slightly syrupy, about 5 minutes. Stir in mustard, cream and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low; return sausage and mushrooms to pan. Simmer to combine flavors, about 2 minutes.
- Place cooked spaghetti in large bowl. Add sauce; toss to mix. Sprinkle with parsley.