Recipe by GingerlyJ
these were made popular by the children's series, Icarly. This recipe came from Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien. The soy crumbles I used were Morningstar farms. they were the best ones I think. I used old El paso stand and stuff shells
- 4 ounces uncooked whole-wheat spaghetti
- 2 cups frozen ground-beef-style soy crumbles
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 12 taco shells
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 2⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Break pasta in half and prepare per package instructions, about 7 minutes.
- Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add soy crumbles, crushed tomatoes, and taco seasoning, and mix well. Cook and stir until hot, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet. Mix well. Evenly distribute the pasta among the taco shells, about 1/3 cup per shell. Top each evenly with cheese, onion, and lettuce. Tada!