Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Found this recipe in a Woman's Weekly magazine. Posting for safe keeping on Zaar.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese or 3⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese or 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese or 3⁄4 cup queso quesadilla cheese or 3⁄4 cup asadero cheese
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 scallions, chopped 1/4 cup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning, such as old el paso's
- 2 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- sour cream (optional)
- additional cilantro (optional)
- In bowl combine beef, 1/2 cup cheese, egg, 2 Tbs. cilantro, scallions, 3 Tbs. taco seasoning, breadcrumbs, lime juice, 1 teaspoons zest, salt and pepper.
- Shape into 18 meatballs using scant 2 Tbs. mixture per ball.
- In large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add meatballs; cook, turning occasionally until browned, about 5 minutes. Drain, if necessary.
- Add pasta sauce & remaining cilantro, taco seasoning and zest. Cover; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until meatballs are no longer pink in center, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Transfer to serving platter: top with meatballs and sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; garnish with sour cream and cilantro if desired.