Easiest Taco Meatballs
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 5mins
- Puree seasoning mix, pork& beans, onion, green pepper, and soup in blender or food processor. Add a few ounces of water if the sauce is too thick to pour, but you don't want it runny. Cooking in the crockpot will also add moisture.
- Put meatballs (frozen is okay) in the crockpot and pour the pureed sauce over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Optional: Add chopped hot peppers and/or hot sauce to taste. I usually add the peppers while cooking and/or hot sauce after.
- These can be served in multiple ways: as appetizers with toothpicks and queso dip, if desired; wrapped in tortillas with sour cream, shredded cheese, tomatoes, etc.; on top of shredded lettuce with salsa, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, crushed tortilla chips, etc. (a kind of taco salad); as a type of southwestern hero sandwich in crusty rolls with cheese, tomato, and lettuce; the main course for supper with corn bread and salad to accompany; and/or any other way you can imagine.
- These are delicious--much better than you would think just reading the ingredient list! Everyone who eats these meatballs (in any form) love them and almost always ask for the recipe.
- The standard question is:"Should I really use the cheapest pork and beans? "The answer is YES! For some reason they give the best texture to the sauce.
- If you want more of a baked bean flavor, feel free to add a touch of molasses and/or brown sugar, but I like it best without.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Minnesota, and actually like the winter more than summer! (Must have Siberian ancestors!) The main focus of my life is, and always has been, children. I've spent the majority of my life either educating myself about children, having and raising children, or working with children. I presently work in an elementary school with children that have emotional/behavioral difficulties, and have three daughters of my own. I also have four grandsons (one an extra gift that came when my daughter very wisely married his dad) and will become Grandma to the the 5th baby in June. This one a little girl! I can not wait!! I received so much joy being a mother that finding that much joy, and more, in being 'Grandma' has taken me by surprise. They are all the best gifts ever given to me. Whatever free time I have is spent with my nose in a book, surfing the web for new recipes, or with my wonderful friends, both online and "in person".