Recipe by flygirl #5
I found this from the Kraft Canada website and I tweaked it a bit to suit my tastes. I found the original recipe bland (which some of my family members would love!). The original recipe didn't call for salt and pepper but it really does need some. You may need to season it more when serving.
- 300 g spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon pureed jalapeno
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 (700 ml) jar pasta sauce
- 1⁄3 cup romano cheese, grated (can also use Parmesan)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (use more if desired)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Cook spaghetti as directed on package.
- BROWN meat in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat; drain. Add peppers; cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in pasta sauce. Add jalapeno puree. Add more to taste if necessary.
- DRAIN spaghetti; toss with Romano cheese, margarine and eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Place in greased 13x9-inch pan; top with layers of ricotta cheese, meat mixture and mozzarella cheese.
- BAKE 20 minute or until heated through.