Raw Cacao Mousse
photo by Chef Joey Z.
- Ready In:
- 1 ounce sea vegetables (I used Irish Moss which is recommended)
- 1 cup filtered water
- 4 cups nut milk (I used hazelnut)
- 1 cup dates, paste of
- 1 cup liquid sweetener (I used agave syrup)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons lecithin granules
- 1 cup coconut butter (I used cacao butter and shredded it fine)
- Once you have cleaned and soaked and rinsed the Irish Moss for 3 days blend it with the 1 cup of water until it's a smooth puree.
- Add all the other ingredients except the lecithin and coconut butter. Blend well, then add the lecithin and coconut butter slowly making sure it's well combined and totally smooth.
- Pour into individual dessert dishes and set in the freezer for an hour or until the middle of the mousse is slightly firm to the touch in the middle.
- Top with your favourite berries or other toppings.
- Bon Appetit!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> I was born in northern Ontario in Canada. I am of Irish /Spanish/French Canadian descent. In 2002, myself, my hubby Stu, and our dog Ginger moved to the high desert of New Mexico. I am a Domestic Engineer and a Professional Artist. I enjoy oldies, classical and jazz music. My hubby is a Professional Jazz and Classical Musician. He plays with the Albuquerque Philharmonic Orchestra which is wonderful because I get to see all his concerts and they are free! We are trying our best to live a Green and Sustainable lifestyle which is no easy feat in a desert. I love any cookbook that promotes good health and tasty meals. I enjoy pasta dishes and sweet vegan deserts. I have found that I am very successful in converting conventional recipes to vegan. This has allowed me to enjoy all types of foods that I other wise could not. Some day we would like to relocate to upstate New York and be closer to my family in Canada and my husbands in New York. My DH retires in 9 years, so nothing will stop us from heading home then :-)