Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the Taste of Home Cookbook. This is a light recipe that can be done under 30 minutes. You don't have to cook the spaghetti before adding it to the skillet.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 2 (8 ounce) cans no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained (I will use fresh mushroom)
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 14-16 minutes or until spaghetti is tender.
We all enjoyed this. I did change it up a bit because of what I had on hand. I used a pound of ground beef and didn't use sausage. I used regular tomato sauce and petite diced tomatoes. I didn't add the mushrooms or celery. I cooked mine for 17 minutes and then let it sit for a few minutes before serving. We topped our servings with parm. cheese and we all loved it. I liked that it was quick and easy to make and I didn't have to stand over and watch it.
This really turned out to be a nice skillet meal and I can see it being popular with busy families. I used a large can of crushed plum tomatoes instead of tomato sauce, added an onion and green pepper, as well as italian seasoning, fresh garlic, and fennel seeds. We topped with parmesan cheese & red pepper flakes. Served with a tossed salad & green beans for a quick & easy ZWT7 meal. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
I really enjoyed this easy recipe! I made as directed except used turkey sausage for the sausage and used Italian seasoning in place of the oregano. It was so simple and delicious. The flavor from the stewed tomatoes and the celery were nice touches to the overall taste. This is a keeper! Thanks for posting. Made for Photo Tag.