Recipe by Boomette
From the Taste of Home Cookbook. This is a light recipe that can be done under 30 minutes. You don't have to cook the spaghetti before adding it to the skillet.
Top Review by bmcnichol
We all enjoyed this. I did change it up a bit because of what I had on hand. I used a pound of ground beef and didn't use sausage. I used regular tomato sauce and petite diced tomatoes. I didn't add the mushrooms or celery. I cooked mine for 17 minutes and then let it sit for a few minutes before serving. We topped our servings with parm. cheese and we all loved it. I liked that it was quick and easy to make and I didn't have to stand over and watch it.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 2 (8 ounce) cans no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained (I will use fresh mushroom)
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper