Taco Macaroni Skillet
photo by mums the word
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup yellow onion
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1 (20 ounce) can rotell diced tomatoes with green chilies (undrained)
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 3⁄4 cups dried elbow macaroni
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook onion & garlic until soft. Add ground beef, brown & drain.
- Stir in water, tomatoes (including juice in can), & seasoning. Cook until mixture comes to a boil.
- Add pasta and return mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low & cover. Cook stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat & stir in evaporated milk & 1/4 cup cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Cover, let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Good, quick recipe. Had to add some diced tomatoes as only had 10 oz. Rotel. Found it a tad spicy, Could have been the brand of taco seasoning I used? NOTE: This makes a LOT. We are pretty big eaters. I would still say this makes 8 VERY generous-sized servings. A good thing for larger families but there are just 2 of us. I try to make recipes with 4-6 servings so we can eat that night and there are 2 leftover containers for work breaks. I have 5 leftover containers of this and they are packed FULL. Thanks for the recipe.
I really liked this and it was so fast to make! I halved the recipe and it made 4 servings, so I would think that the full recipe feeds more like 7-8 (which makes the nutrition info a little better). I made as is using "Recipe #2642" for the taco seasoning and added a little beef bouillon with the water as well as using fat free evaporated milk. I will make this again since it makes such a quick meal! Thanks so much for posting!
see 12 more reviews