Fiesta Skillet Spaghetti
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground chicken, skinless
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 cups water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat oil in a 12" skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken, onions, and bell peppers.
- Cook until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in water, tomato sauce and taco seasoning mix.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the uncooked spaghetti.
- Reduced heat covered and simmer until spaghetti is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was pretty good. I needed to come up with something fast and had this saved in recipe box, decided to finally give it a try! At first I thought there was too much liquid, but it was just fine. I think my 10 year old niece would love this...she says loves tacos and is sick of spaghetti sauce so I think she would be into spaghetti fixed this way. My husband is taking the leftovers to work tomorrow, he put some corn on top and is going to mix it all together. Thanks for the recipe!
I've had a photocopy of this recipe for years and years. I used to make it all the time and then when I started using the internet for most of my recipes, my old stash of clipped recipes got pushed aside. I finally made it again and it's just as good as I remember... in fact, hubby has forsaken anything else I've made this week to eat leftovers of this. I used Recipe #166030 for the taco seasoning. This is going into our book of favorite recipes for sure!