- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder (I like a strong chili flavor)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (7 ounce) package thin spaghetti, broken into thirds
- 6 small zucchini, cut into chunks (1 lb.)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook the ground beef and onion over medium heat, until the beef is browned; drain.
- Remove beef mixture from skillet and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add water, tomato sauce, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and cumin.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add spaghetti and stir to combine; return to a boil.
- Boil for 6 minutes.
- Add in the zucchini and cook for 5-6 minutes or until spaghetti and zucchini are tender, stirring often.
- Add the cooked beef and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly on top.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this as written except I didnt have quite enough chili powder for a full TBS so used about a tsp. I also used thin egg noodles (they're already broken up;) ) This was very tasty. I am not sure I'd say it tasted "southwestern" but it was good!! I may use taco seasoning if I made this again. Thanks Di!Reply
I also looked this up in Quick Cooking-just to compare notes! I won't rate this cuz I made changes! I actually cooked my whole wheat spaghetti separately & added it to the skillet it at end, so I skipped the water & used some salsa instead. I used taco sauce for the tomato sauce, and didn't use any salt-also used a lot less chili powder! I used reduced fat mexican cheese & lean ground turkey. It was fabulous! I've been looking for a mexican dish that used zucchini so I was so happy when I stumbled upon this. Thank u for sharing this.Reply
see 5 more