One Skillet Spaghetti and Clams
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I saw this demoed on PBS' America's Home Cooking by a lady who has been preparing this very simple and easy Italian dish for years.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 (3 1/3 ounce) jar anchovies packed in oil (95 grams or 3.3 oz.)
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams (reserve the liquid)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves or 3 tablespoons dry parsley flakes
- Use a deep 12" saute pan or Dutch oven to prepare this one skillet dish since the anchovies tend to splatter.
- Heat the saute pan to medium high; add the 2 tablspoons of olive oil and all of the contents in the jar of anchovies. Stir the anchovies till they start to break up; add the minced garlic and cook a bit to bring out the flavors.
- Add the red pepper flakes and reserved clam juice and two cans of chicken broth and bring up to a slow boil.
- Pour in the white wine and add the whole pound of spaghetti and cook till almost done. The spaghetti will absorb most of the liquid.
- When almost done to your desired tenderness add the clams and parsley. If the spaghetti has absorbed too much liquid just add more water. There is no need to add any more salt.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I saw this show too and was so grateful to see that you posted it here. I didn't think she used an entire can of anchovies when she made it on TV. I used about six when I made it. This is such a great recipe. Yummo. The texture of the spaghetti is awesome. I added some parboiled broccoli at the end to make it an all-in-one dinner. SO GOOD. Thanks!Reply
I really liked this. It was easy, tasted authentic, and satisfied my craving for pasta without the tomato sauce that kills my acid reflux. I didn't cook the whole pound of spaghetti (maybe 2/3rd of it) and the ratio turned out just right for me. I also used marsala wine instead of white because I didn't want to deplete my drinking supply! lol Thanks for this...I really enjoyed it.Reply
see 3 more