Recipe by patricemarion
Recipe is the one Mom has been making since we were little kids. I don't know where she got the recipe from but it's the only one I have ever used. There are a lot of ingredients but it really is simple to make.
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 medium onions (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup soda cracker crumbs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 2 (10 ounce) cans water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (bottled is good)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot combine, garlic, onions, beef and oil. Cook until beef is no longer pink.
- In a large bowl, mix cracker crumbs, milk, egg, parsley, salt, pepper, soup, the 2 soup cans of water, sauce, paste, lemon juice & herbs.
- Mix and then pour into pot with the beef mixture.
- Cover pot and simmer for 1 hour.