Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
simple, tangy, quick, and delicious
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 can anchovy, drained
- 32 ounces crushed tomatoes (cento tomatoes are the perfect thickness for this recipe)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 20 kalamata olives, coarse chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh tomatoes, peeled,cored,seeded,and roughly chopped (i like a mixture of yellow and red tomato)
- 1 lb dried spaghetti
- in a pot of boiling, salted water, start cooking the pasta.
- in a large pan,heat oil, garlic, pepper flakes, and anchovies over med heat.
- as mixture warms, break anchovies apart into very small pieces and stir until they almost seem to dissolve.
- add all remaining ingredients except pasta and fresh tomato.
- simmer until sauce has almost reached desired thickness.
- add fresh tomato and continue simmering to desired thickness.
- you pasta should be cooked to al dente and drained by now, toss it with the sauce until heated through, then remove from heat and serve, garnishing with some more presh parsley and some grateed parmesan or pecorino romano.
This was a great dish when you want something other than plain ole spaghetti. I served this on top of spaghetti squash and it came out nicely. Thanks, I will use this often.
This recipe got Rave Reviews at my house. My family orders Puttanesca at a local restaraunt when we go out. They said this recipe was just as good. I cut the tomatoes in smaller chunks and cooked until tomatoes were soft. Served it with side salad and three cheese Texas toast. For dessert, to cool off our mouths, I made Low Carb Lemon Dessert #73591 which complimented the meal.
Everything she says about this pasta dish is true - it IS "simple, tangy, quick and delicious". Thank you AfrObunny.