Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a family favourite. My mom used to make 4 or 5 of these at a time and freeze them so when we needed a quick supper we could just pull one out, so I know that it tastes great fresh and frozen and re-heated!
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2-1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 lb ground beef (or chicken or turkey)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper
- 2 cups stewed tomatoes (I like to use the canned Italian style)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook and drain spaghetti.
- To the spaghetti, add butter, eggs and parmesan cheese.
- In a buttered 10" pie plate, form the spaghetti mixture into a "crust".
- Spread cottage cheese onto crust.
- On medium heat, brown ground beef with onion and green pepper. Stir in tomatoes, sugar, oregano and garlic salt.
- Place ground beef mixture into crust ontop of cottage cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the pie and bake for 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.