Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is such a simple dish to prepare.....dinner can be on the table in minutes. Serve with a tossed salad and crusty Italian bread.
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 lb dried spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Set a covered large pot of water over high heat.
- Place the oil and garlic in a microwaveable dish. Cover with waxed paper. Microwave on high for about 2 minutes, or until sizzling.
- Remove and set aside.
- When the water boils, add the salt and spaghetti.
- Stir, cover the pot, and return to the boil.
- Uncover and boil, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes, or until al dente.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Drain the spaghetti and return to the pot.
- Drizzle with the garlic oil.
- Toss to coat.
- Add the parsley and some of the cooking water to moisten.
- Serve with crushed red pepper for seasoning at the table or add before serving, to taste.
This was delicious!!! Love how easy and fast it came together by infusing the garlic and oil in the microwave. I will make this again and again!
Always love this recipe. So simple, light and naturally good. Having it with eggplant tonight. Thank you for jogging my memory on this wonderful way to prepare spaghetti.
This was so yummy and incredibly easy yet so flavorful! Yes, be sure to use fresh, just wouldn't be the same without. Will make again and again. Served with flank steak and salad for a perfect outdoor summer supper. Thank you for posting!