Olive Oil and Garlic Broiled Asparagus
photo by breezermom
- Ready In:
- 12 fresh asparagus
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic salt
- Cut the bottoms off the asparagus (about 1.5" off the bottom) and rinse, then dry between a couple paper towels.
- Evenly spread the asparagus in a brownie pan.
- Coat the asparagus evenly with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder over the asparagus.
- Sprinkle the garlic salt over the asparagus.
- Place in your pre-heated broiler with the door all the way open for 10 minutes, turning 180 degrees halfway through cooking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe is such a good way to enjoy asparagus. My family loves it pretty much any way, but I loved the browned, crunchy topping the broiling provided. Unfortunately, I couldn't get fresh asparagus at the store, so I had to resort to canned, which I've never used before. It smelled like split pea soup when I opened it, but after cooking that flavor was gone and the spears were just a little floppier than fresh would be. DS was upset when he saw the photo and I'd already eaten all of the asparagus! LOL We're looking forward to making this again when we can buy fresh asparagus. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe, Public_User! Made & enjoyed for Fall 2011 Pick A Chef. You've been adopted! http://www.food.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=363796&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0